Brunello di Montalcino DOCG
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Sangiovese.
- PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES: The grapes are harvested between the end of September and early October. The bunches are picked by hand and very carefully selected. Vinification takes place at controlled temperature and with 3 daily pumpings over; after a maceration of 3-4 weeks the wine is kept in oak casks for at least 24 months and bottled at least 6 months before being put on the market, which takes place 5 years after harvesting.
- COLOUR: Deep ruby red, verging on garnet with ageing.
- BOUQUET: Slightly ethereal, then intense.
- TASTE: Dry, warm, robust and lively.
- ALCOHOLIC STRENGTH: 13,5% vol.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Roasts and braised meats, red meats and game.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: Serve at 18-20°C, uncork half an hour before serving.